The Customer Service Account Coordinator acts as the liaison with all external customers. This individual will be responsible for opening all files and deep selling the current customer base. The main function of this position will be to inform and provide the highest level of support to our customers. The Customer Service Account Coordinator will report directly to either the Branch Manager or Customer Service Manager depending on the size of the Branch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for providing the highest level of customer service possible
• Responsible for solving problems for customers
• Responsible for end-to-end follow-up for customers
• Responsible for taking ownership of customer inquiries and problems
• Responsible for deep selling and quoting as required
• Calls customers as necessary to advise shipment status or to obtain shipment information in a professional manner
• Responsible for coordinating with the Operations Coordinators in the Area Operations Center to update status of shipments
• Acts as the main representative to external customers
• Responsible for receiving and booking shipments to hub
• Responsible for data entry into systems
• Performs other duties as assigned by management
• 2+ years of experience as import/export coordinator preferred
• Experience with Freight Forwarding highly preferred
• Experience as customer service function highly preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Enjoys working with customers
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to operate in global environment
• Self managing and pro-active
• Strives and identifies areas where we can improve service
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, overtime will often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.